Kim Dolan has experience closing projects involving a variety of financing, including LIHTC, CDBG, HOME,HUD 202, NMTC, NSP2 and other Pennsylvania Commonwealth and local loan and grant programs. Kim has expertise in nonprofit corporate formation and tax-exemption issues. Kim helps clients conceptualize and implement innovative solutions to challenging problems, including helping to create a model ownership agreement for disabled adults who wished to live together sharing attendant services in a safe, supportive, and affordable home environment.
- In 2009, Kim won the Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network Excellence Award for her work with HomeWorks project, which couples homeownership with consumer directed services for persons with disabilities.
- From 2003-2009, Kim was a Board Member of Philadelphia VIP, a local pro bono group that connects low income individuals with volunteer lawyers and paralegals who provide legal services free of charge. Kim also served as Board President during her tenure with Philadelphia VIP.
- In 2005, won a post-conviction appeal vacating the death sentence imposed on a client.
- In 2004, awarded the VIPeople’s Choice Award for exemplary service commitment to Philadelphia VIP.
- In 2003, received the Craig M. Perry Community Service Award from Young Lawyers Division of the Philadelphia Bar Association in recognition of pro bono and public interest service.
- In 2003, recognized by the American Lawyer Media as one of 30 Young Lawyers on the Fast Track.
Experience and Education:
Prior to joining RHLS, Kim enjoyed a successful 11-year career in private practice. Throughout her career as an attorney, Kim maintained an active pro bono case load representing low-income people in a variety of cases. She chaired the pro bono practice group at White and Williams, where she was elected partner in 2003.
Kim earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from Bryn Mawr College and her Juris Doctor from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law.