RHLS is hiring! Please share the job description below with your networks!
Regional Housing Legal Services (RHLS) is a public interest legal agency that for over 45 years has provided specialized legal and technical assistance throughout Pennsylvania to non-profit organizations that develop affordable housing, create economic opportunities, and revitalize low-income neighborhoods. RHLS attorneys also engage in systemic policy and advocacy efforts designed to improve housing and utility-related issues for low-income households. RHLS has offices in Glenside (Philadelphia suburb), Harrisburg, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
RHLS is seeking a Grant/Contract Manager. The Grant/Contract Manager will be responsible for managing the fundraising calendar, facilitating team communication, guiding relevant parties through the required steps to ensure a complete and timely submission, as well as writing, editing, and submitting grants and reports. This position will be in the Glenside office and will report to the CFO/Director of Administration (who works remotely).
Grant/Contract Management (70%)
- Act as the point person for applications and grant/contract reports, creating a process efficiently communicate information to and from team members.
- Read and understand proposal requirements and develop plan for proposal completion, including systematically collecting components.
- Maintain systems and databases for receiving, processing, and acknowledging grants, contracts, and contributions.
- Maintain annual grants calendar.
- Create and maintain systems for gathering data needed to track progress toward grant/contract deliverables.
- Responsible for providing regular reports to Management Team on progress toward fundraising goals and progress toward grant/contract deliverables.
- Work with attorneys and staff to identify funding opportunities and potential funders, and to develop proposal and application narratives, budgets, outcomes, and reports.
- Research new funders to increase the number of grants, contracts, and total funding received.
- Schedule funder meetings for attorneys and staff; prepare marketing materials, as needed.
Individual Fundraising (20%)
- Manage small annual appeal (draft appeals & acknowledgements; mail appeals & acknowledgements; track and report results.
- Manage NeonCRM, ensuring donor data is entered accurately and timely.
- Manage annual board giving.
Coordination with Communications Staff (5%)
- Ensure uniform language and messaging
- Help identify topics or venues for communications that advance RHLS’s fundraising goals and support to attorneys as they create targeted communication pieces.
- Staff liaison to the Board Development Committee, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Three+ years grant writing experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of affordable housing and community development.
- Experience working with community-based non-profits and/or low-income individuals.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and racial equity.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and execute multiple complicated and continuing grants in a timely manner.
- The ability to be persistent and tactful.
- Familiarity with LegalServer and NeonCRM, or demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies.
Salary range for 3-5 years of experience is estimated to be between $43,000 and $52,000. Excellent benefits package will be provided.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Priority consideration will be given to candidates who apply by March 6, 2019.
Send a letter of interest and resume (via email, using subject line: Grants/Contract Manager) to:
Regional Housing Legal Services
RHLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, persons who are bi-cultural, bilingual in Spanish, women, and persons who are disabled are encouraged to apply.